11 January 2011

Out from the Past...

Earlier today, Kspaz gave a heads up of the posting schedule for this repository of all things "geek," but didn't tell you about the forthcoming contributors - he wanted to keep them a surprise.  Personally, I don't think you need to wait to find out what's behind door number four.  Allow me to warm you guys up for tomorrow.

Who am I?  Some people call me the Space Cowboy (Edit: nobody calls me the Space Cowboy).  I'm a relic from a more interesting time.  Some would call me a timeworn dinosaur, while others would say I'm wise and remember things that some forget or were never there to know.  I am the Veteran Cosmic Blogger - the Titan of Old School.  I'm an anachronism...

No, I am Anacronus.

It is my self-imposed mission to bring light to the annals of time, as I have experienced them in my own life, so they are not lost to the vacuum of obscurity.  Granted, I'm only in my early thirties, but I've experienced the '80s and '90s, firsthand; not to mention the fact that my two elder siblings exposed me to a lot of great things from the late '70s, so I got to live those years, vicariously, through them.  So far, I've met very few people who remember more about the last three decades of the 20th century than yours truly, so I figure I'm as good a candidate as any.

What can you expect to find here, every Wednesday?  Nostalgia and lots of it.  I've already created a few segments from previous blogs, such as Forgotten Worlds, which looks at arcade games from a time when most people still played them.  Another segment, Games You Should Know About...(But Probably Don't) showcases my love for two things: video games and an underdog.  Then, there's a segment that looks at giant monsters, such as Godzilla and Gamera, which is undergoing a name change, at the moment.  Hopefully, when all of us at Geek Streak decide to play catch up and have videos, I'll introduce new segments about old school movies, TV shows, music, toys, etc., so look forward to that.

I do have a lot of ambitions for my contributions to this blog and I hope you all will enjoy them.  This week, though, make sure you save up your quarters, because the Geek Streak premiere of Forgotten Worlds: Bygones of the Arcade Age comes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment