04 January 2011

Hey you got Superheroes in my Hockey.

The NHL just figured out that superheroes are popular. So they hired Stan Lee to create a superhero based on all 30 NHL teams.

You can read an article here where a sports writer is obviously not happy with this. I mean I don't like it, but I recognize it as a promotion. Mr. Wyshynski seems to be very upset over this. I don't know maybe one of the guardians failed to save his Uncle Ben.

NHL I am disappoint. They only two they have released pictures of so far are the King and the Penguin. I am not blown away by the names, I hope they get a little more creative later cause the Blue is not going to cut it.

All 30 are set to be unveiled at the All-Star Game. I assume there will be some guys wearing the costumes.

...and the jocks will still say that Dungeons and Dragons is nerdy.

UPDATE: Okay, so evidently the heroes are all just named after the teams. One will be the Blue one will be the Islander, one will be the Canadian. *Sigh*

4 comments:

  1. Some of these teams are going to have stupid heroes. For instance, how the hell is Stan Lee going to make a hero out of our home team, The Blues? Does he have a mystical saxophone, or something?

    Actually, the one I foresee is Vancouver's hero, The Canuck, which is a short, hairy guy who has retractable claws and a bad attitude. He could regenerate any damage he...

    Oh, wait. They already did that one, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The facebook page for the Gaurdian Program lists the Blue as the Master Musician. There's also a silhouette.

    So I envision a guy with a sax.

    The Canucks should be so lucky that they get Wolverine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit, hockey, as my favorite sport, stop it with this tomfoolery at once! Doesn't matter how cool Stan Lee is, this will only end in tears and laughter. I might have to go back to actually caring about the end result of Brett Farve's career if this kind of crap continues. Besides, all the Stars are going to get is either some weird take on The Vigilante, which is a DC Hero cowboy type, or, the other possible end of the spectrum, some pop 'star' inspired get up, ala Dazzler. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, but why? This feels like strange hockey fan art...

    ReplyDelete