22 March 2011

My Weird Thoughts: Megamind

This post is to make up for Monday's missing post. We've been having some small issues going on in the group personally so I'll be posting to make up for Tuesday's post too.

No, this is not a review. But it might contain minor spoilers (you've been warned.) I just finished watching Megamind on Monday, and it was better then I was expecting. Although I wasn't expecting much since it's lead was Will Ferrell. I'm not a big fan of his. Maybe I liked this one because his animated face showed more emotion then his actual one. But that's not important.

Ignore the Kit-Kat, this was sadly the best picture of the
character on Google.
The one thing that I can't get off my mind in this movie is "What the fuck happened to Bernard?" Yes, Bernard the beleaguered, deadpan clerk/expert on Megamind who works at the Metro Man Museum and is basically in the movie to provide a small plot point.

This movie is G-Rated, and actually has no deaths, despite having a lot of property damage, and fist fighting (if a giant robot fighting a ubermench can be called a fist fight.)

The one loose end is Bernard. He doesn't die, per-say, he just gets de-hydrated. Megamind has a gun which dehydrates people into little (approx) 1 inch cubes. They turn back to normal with little to no side effects when they come in contact with water.

Bernard is never re-hydrated, so he's not dead, but that is one hell of a limbo he's stuck in. Looking online I'm not the only person to ask this, and some blogs, have even speculated that Bernard will be the villian in the 2nd movie (if there is one). Funny idea I wouldn't have seen it coming, but Bernard doesn't seem motivated enough for that.

So alas poor Bernard, we knew you...not at all.

4 comments:

  1. He got rehydrated at the end of the credits. Look it up if you don't believe me. *rolls eyes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. doesnt happen on my copy...?

      Delete
    2. Well, you're in luck. You can see it here, just fast forward to the :40 mark on the link below.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XwbLYy_hVE

      Delete
  2. How did I miss that? I usually sit through the credits. Well thanks for putting my mind at ease, mysterious masked man.

    ReplyDelete