06 February 2011

The Super Bowl

So since I handle the sports section, (so far, eventually Stranger and maybe Anacronus will weigh in on the subject too) I figured I should put down my prediction for the Super Bowl. Most people would do this before the game starts. Well not Geek Streak we're starting our own traditions here.

Besides I can assure you I have not seen a minute of the Super Bowl's footage yet. (I don't really care for American Football.)

My prediction is that the team that scores more points will win...although I will admit the team with the defense that allows less points has a good chance too.

Not good enough? Okay I predict it will be a team from a northern division that has been in the playoffs 26 times (Yes, both teams actually have been in the playoffs 26 times according to wikipedia), and has won more then 5 championships (I'm including pre-Super Bowl championships in that).

But seriously I will be cheering for the Packers mostly because I tend to cheer for the team that has had the longer drought in championships. Now I'm going to go drink some Warsteiner and maybe play some video games.

Before I forget I'd like to give a shout out to Sir Griff one of the new geeks who read. Also I'd like to give a shout out and thanks to the Jam City Rollergirls who recently posted a link to our blog for Anacronus' review of their game.

No comments:

Post a Comment