11 February 2011

Bright Ideas: The Remake

This is just a quick post. Boog will be posting later, but I figured I would sneak my own movie post in between his and Stranger's.

A while back I had a post called Bright Ideas, well here's the remake, not because I'm redoing the post, but because both bright ideas involve remakes.

First off there is a remake a Arthur in the works, starring Russell Brand, a trailer has been released. The trailer is better then I expected, but seeing as how I was expecting a plague upon humanity, that's not saying much. My main question here is "Why?". Why do we need a remake of this? The original is not that old, and is still very funny.

Secondly a screenwriter and director have been chosen for the Highlander remake. It's the screenwriter of Twilight, and the director of the last two Fast and Furious'ses movies. Was the Highlander franchise cursed? Did Clancey Brown curse the movie after finishing the first one. (he was the only main actor smart enough not to come back* for the 2nd one, and yes he was asked.) It's the only theory that makes sense, because after 5 movies, 2 TV shows, a cartoon, all of which get ruined by the sequels that line of "There can be only one." looks like it should be taken literally. Even one film reviewer who love Highlander compare its fans (himself included) as domestic abuse victims. We turn out for horrible movie, after horrible movie. So they keep making more and keep telling us don't worry the next one will be great.

* Christopher Lambert wouldn't do Highlander 2 unless Sean Connery came back too, because they hit it off so well on the 1st movie. Now you know why Ramirez comes back, and how we could have avoided that crappy sequel.

3 comments:

  1. A Highlander remake...? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about the director, but by god I want to maim the person responsible for hiring the Twilight scriptwriter. How I'm terrified that all the immortals will be drifters in high school with sparkly skin and a lolita complex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the comments on the page, there's one fan who say this will ruin Highlander's legacy. All I can think is there's a person whose never seen the sequels.

    The first movie is the only true immortal.

    PS. If you can't resurrect Freddy Mercury to do the soundtrack, don't even bother with a remake.

    ReplyDelete