28 December 2010

Why Germany thinks we're crazy.

I spent three years in Germany with the U.S. Army, one thing that was surprising was how often Germans would come up and ask our opinions on issues that were unfolding in America. Honestly most of the time they were more well informed then most American's I knew.

So it shouldn't have been any form of surprise when I got back and was annoyed at the apathy I found. No one followed the news, and no one seemed to be trying to influence anything for the better.

This article summarizes a lot of the feelings I felt in 2003, even if it is dealing with issues of 2010/2011. Yes I know it's not identical, but it's the closest I've found in resent years, even if I don't agree with it fully.

See you tomorrow.

Hopefully with a much more cheerful post.

No comments:

Post a Comment