28 December 2010

My dog is an angry racist

I think my dog might be a racist. This past Christmas, spoiled little thing that she is, she received several presents. My husband and I bought her Christmas-y ones: a red squeaky bone that has snowflakes on it and a red, green and white rope toy. Rope toys are about the only thing she can't tear up in half a day, so we thought those were good choices. She also received gifts from my roommates mom ( a green sock monkey), my mother in law (a black stretchy dog), and my boss's dog (a squeaky bear). Why my boss's dog got my dog a present is beyond me.

Anyways, my dog barely glanced at the toys we gave her. First, she wanted to play with bear. Bear happened to be an American Kennel Club toy and she had him tore up within an few hours, so he had to be laid to rest. But I thought 'Good for her, tear up that snobby toy'.

Next, it was sock monkey, and sock monkey is British. You can tell by the accent he has when my husband brings him out for the dog. At first it was 'oh a toy' and she was happy just to run around and chase sock monkey. However, when the accent came out she went crazy, biting him all over and tugging on him trying to pull his legs off. It was a hard time for sock monkey. Eventually she tore a hole in his back and started pulling out his stuffing, so he had to be hospitalized until reconstructive surgery can be scheduled.

Now she's moved her terrifying jaws of death to black dog. So far black dog has held up nicely, so I have some hope that maybe my dog has finally met her match. I'm cheering for you black dog.

And all you Brits out there - watch out for Dixie.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Dog of Doom, Dog of Death! My dog doesn't destroy her toys. She tortures them and tosses them about the room.

    Bing! Up against the wood stove! Call the fire brigade!

    Bang! Toss them behind the furniture! Ferret them out!

    Bong! Throw them against dad! He won't mind!

    ...says yer long lost Uncle Marek...Happy Daze, my dear!

    ReplyDelete