23 December 2010

News, politics, and other words that make people's eye glaze over

Don't Ask Don't Tell repealed. I've been waiting to post this until the paperwork was actually signed. That happened last night, so let me tell you a quick story. Years ago when I was in the Army, I saw several people get kicked out of the army on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell". I saw several people who were hard workers and good soldiers get discharged just for being gay. Meanwhile several lazy or incompetent soldier stayed in the entirety of their contracts and got out with an honorable discharge.

People have asked "But won't they be a distraction?" I doubt it. It didn't distract us when we knew who was gay or straight. We got the job done and for the most part we respected each other.

So if you'll excuse me I'm going to go crack open a beer for my friends who got kicked out of the army, and for the fact their fate shouldn't happen to anymore decent soldiers.

SMART Treaty and 9/11 First Responders Bill get through Congress.

Teenage Pregnancies hit a low.

Wait, Pat Robertson wants marijuana decriminalized? Did I go to another dimension, do I have to grow a goatee now?

Pilot films TSA checkpoints, points out flaws, and posts it to Youtube. You can bet the TSA are not happy about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment