14 May 2011

Hello, what are you doing in this show?

I already talked about how I was surprised to find out Mick Foley had been a voice actor in Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Suddenly I was reminded of some other weird appearances of people in movies, and shows. Since we have the Avatar connection started lets start there. Did you know that Roxy Richter (the 4th evil ex) in Scott Pilgrim was played by Katara's voice actress. Here take a listen.

I think when Katara is angry in Avatar the similarity of the voice comes out, maybe this is because Roxy is always so angry in her brief appearances in the film.

Still it's quite a change in character and it surprised me when I made the connection.

But stranger still is while my wife and I were rewatching Firefly we came across a scene with a young Simon and River. My wife was noticed who was playing young Simon first, but I had to look it up.

So here is Zac Efron in Firefly.

I don't think I knew who he was when I first saw Firefly but this kid was in everything a little while later, and I can't think of anything he was in recently. *Looks on Wikipedia* okay, so he's going to be involved in a live action remake of both Jonny Quest, and Full Metal Panic.

I would not have guessed either of those. After we were done watching Firefly I got to looking to see what the cast had done in other movies, and found out Nathan Fillion had been in Saving Private Ryan as the wrong Private Ryan.

I could remember the scene but I couldn't remember Nathan Fillion being in the scene. Probably once again a victim of I didn't know who he was when I first saw this. Well here it is in grainy youtube glory.

So there you have it evidently some distant ancestor of Capt. Reynolds was involved in the invasion of Europe in World War II.

Also the other Captain in this video (Not Tom Hanks) is played by Ted Danson (you know Sam from Cheers).

So there you are these are all the recent surprises I've had when watching movies and TV shows. You just never know who's going to pop up when your going back and re-watching movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment