01 May 2013

It's gonna be The Future soon.

So if you've been around the internet you've probably seen  Everything is amazing and nobody is happy by Louis CK (skip to 2:15 for the relevant part although it's all pretty awesome), and Explaining cell phones to the 1950's.
Not to mention the Cubs victory in 2015.

Forget the 1950's, try explaining Netflix to the 1980's.

Kspaz 2013: I have a Blockbuster inside of my computer that can show movies on my television (without a cord), and they never are out of stock. I pay $7 a month and I can watch as many movies as I want.

Kspaz 1989: *mouth agape*

You know what the biggest gripe I hear about Netflix? Lack of selection. What these people probably mean is one specific movie that they want to watch isn't on there right now. First world problems.

I can watch television from other countries for free. I wish I had had this technology when I had been studying foreign languages.

I can keep in touch with friends no matter how far away they move. Literally, if you had a friend on the International Space Station you can Skype or Facebook them. Short of the moon, nobody has gotten further away then that. Well, unless you're friends with the Mars Rovers.

I can buy really amazing video games for 1/5 to 1/10 of the price new games used to cost. Plus the developers build extra content that's either free or less then dollar. I can't remember the last time I bought a game for over $20.
Strange things are a foot. Not just at Circle K. 

We have the entirety of human knowledge in our pockets. And yes we use them to look at cat pictures and argue with people.

Don't look now people, but the future is here. The fact that we aren't constantly amazed by the technology that surrounds us...well amazes me.

Updated: Fixed typos that my wife pointed out

No comments:

Post a Comment