25 June 2011

Pony Kombat!

Boog is having computer issues, and asked me to cover for him. So while messing around I found a bizarre link, that upended my plans for tonight's post.

Evidently there is a fan made My Little Pony fighting game coming out for PC. No I'm serious. There's even a video.



See I'm not full of crap. My wife is pretty much obsessed with this show as are her friends. I think it's cute, but I'm not really a fan. I doubt she's going to be excited about this. Although maybe I'm wrong and she will want to take Applejack (her favorite) through Ponyville, and stomp every-ponies cutiemark*.

I've got to say the art looks good. The game looks like the animation and control will be at least as good as an old SNES fighting game. Honestly the style reminds me of  Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters game (SNES version) with a graphical upgrade. If you want more information on this game there is an FAQ here.

Looking throught the FAQ it looks like the creators are fans of the show but I have to caution, as excited as fans of ponies, and video games maybe I'm not going to hold my breath for this to get released. I have a feeling someone is going to drop a Cease and Desist, and this game will disappear. So if you happen to see a link for this game later, you may want to grab it while you can.

So to end this post here's me as a pony, because my friends are weird.
I guess my eyesight got better as a pony, well take care, and I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment